Merely yesterday April, 25th 2017. Pangu (one of the biggest hacker groups) demonstrated jailbreak iOS 10.3.1 on the iPhone 7 at their own conference called Janus. A trust the community member Spark Zheng who is a part of Alibaba security research team and has been a trusted source on the jailbreak for a while. Attended the event yesterday and posted some legit pictures on Weibo (a Chinese microblogging website. Akin to Twitter and Facebook). confirming Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1 is in the way to its fans.
So yes it’s time to get ready for Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1. As it will work for all 64-bit devices like iPhone 7 & 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, 6, 5S and any other 64-bit iPads or iPods. Here I will show you how to priming your device for it.
- backup your device data Using iTunes
- Save iOS 10.3.1 SHSH2 Blobs
- Optional precautions to get ready for (Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1)
- Wait For Jailbreak To Arrive
Yet the only jailbreak that has been released for iOS 10 is Yalu jailbreak by the Prominent iOS security researcher Luca Todesco. But it is not supporting the iPhone 7. Then I’d expect a release of Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1 soon. And you should be ready for the Fun.
1- backup your device data before start Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1
Regardless the rumor of the next week release of Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1. It is essential to have a frequent backup of your iOS device. And it becomes a must if you are willing to put your device through a process like a jailbreak. If you back up your iPhone, you’ll have a copy of your information to use later in any case.
Normally you can back up your through iCloud or iTunes. Below is the Simple comparison to choose the best suit you. Alternatively, you can make one in iCloud and another in iTunes.
2-Save iOS 10.3.1 SHSH2 Blobs
Apple using double security strategy to stay ahead with jailbreakers. Firstly by releasing new software updates to patch security weak points. Then they also stop signing the firmware files of older iOS versions, to ensure that jailbreakers cannot downgrade back to an iOS version that can be jailbroken. So It is the right time to start saving your SHSH2 blobs Which will allow you to actually downgrade or upgrade to iOS 10.3.1 using the Prometheus tool.
Please note below:
- Prometheus tool works only if you have saved SHSH2 blobs for unsigned firmware.
- If Apple closed the signing window for iOS 10.3.1 you won’t be longer able to save SHSH2 blobs. Hence you will not be able to upgrade or downgrade your firmware.
Follow below instruction to see how to save your SHSH2 blobs.
- Connect your iOS device to iTunes with lighting cable. Then Launch iTunes and click on Summary tab.
- Click on the Serial number field in the Summary tab until you see the ECID. Then copy it to your clipboard, kindly note that you need a hexadecimal ECID. If you see ECID number in letters then it is already hexadecimal. Otherwise, use this link to convert the decimal ECID to a hexadecimal value.
- Head to https://tsssaver.1conan.com. and paste the ECID number, Make sure you select Hex in the drop-down box to match the format you have from previouse step.
- Select your device type i.e. iPhone and device identifier under the Identifier” heading.
- check i’m not a robot then, Click submit.
- Save the link given somewhere. and Wait for a few minutes to get the blobs.
Important tips for using the tsssaver tool (Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1):
- Tool created by the iOS hacker tihmstar, and aimed to facilitate the process of saving SHSH2 blobs.
- if you got your ECID through UDID Calculator while jailbroken, then make sure if it is in decimal format or not. You are free to convert it to Hex or use it as is.
- if you have iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, or iPhone SE. then you will need to add Internal Name/Model | Board Configuration. you can get it from here under tab Internal Name and navigate to iPhone 6s Plus, or iPhone SE. otherwise, you can download BMSSM application from App Store. and get the model from system tab (get it from BMSSM app is more specific).
- Another option to get device model and the device identifier. is to use lirum Device Info Lite ( free )App that will pull up this information for you. Download the App and tap the menu at the top left. Then choose This Device.
- For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus will need to know if the device is GSM or Global. To define so, Simply while your device is connected to iTunes continually click the serial number until it changes to Model .see below table to define if it is GSM or Global. ( you can get the identifier also through lirum Device Info Lite App).
iPhone model Identifier GSM or Global iPhone 7 9,1 Global iPhone 7 9,3 GSM iPhone 7 Plus 9,2 Global iPhone 7 Plus 9,4 GSM
3- Optional precautions for Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1.
If your iOS device is jailbroken for 10.2 or below, I recommend holding until we see new iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak to arrive before updating your device.So far, iOS 10.3.1 is the latest Signed firmware available.
4- Wait For Jailbreak To Arrive
However, that’s not the only good news that we have so far. And with rumors that Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1 will be released next week. So we trust the Pangu team history benefiting the jailbreak community to release it soon.
So far only Yalu iOS 10.2 Jailbreak developed by Luca Todesco who announced on march 27 that he is done with jailbreaking. The news is disappointing as Todesco has contributed hard to the jailbreak community. And with the current fact that Pangu team have not brought an earlier version of the jailbreak. We are holding our breath to see Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1.
Let’s wait, guys! and I will update you once it is released to see how to Jailbreak iOS 10.3.1 and have the FUN.