iPhone universal Clipboard is a part of iOS 10.2 Continuity features bundle. Whereby you will Cut and/or copy a word, text, photos, or video on your iPhone. Then paste it on your Mac, iPad, or iPod and vice versa.
With iPhone Handoff, Universal Clipboard, Instant Hotspot, and Auto Unlock. You will Move seamlessly between your iOS devices. All are part of iOS Continuity features. Here we will Shed light on universal Clipboard. How to set it up on Mac Sierra, iOS 10.2 iPhone. what are the condition and system requirements for it?. And How to troubleshoot it if not working probably?
Check which devices & operating system Universal Clipboard works with?
iPhone Universal Clipboard compatible with below devices and operating systems
- iOS 10 or later
- iPhone 5, 5S, 6, 6Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7 and 7Plus
- iPad Pro, 4th generation, Air or newer and iPad mini 2 or newer
- iPod touch (6th generation) or newer
- MacOS Sierra
- Mac book ( Early 2015 or newer, Mac bro (2012 or newer) and Mac air (2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (2012 or newer)
- iMac (2012 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Why iPhone Universal Clipboard is not working?
Universal Clipboard is a shared Clipboard Amoung all your iOS device. So you copy a text of your iPhone. Afterward, paste it on your Mac, this must be done within a short period of time. And as long as your iPhone and Mac are physically close, both devices use the same Apple ID and have wifi turned on.
As Apple uses Bluetooth to verify physically nearness of device to protect your privacy. While synchronizing both devices clipboards to universal clipboard through wifi or icloud.Below is the list of condition to have a working universal Clipboard.
- All your iOS device must share the same Apple ID
- All device connected to Wi-Fi. And be within Bluetooth range ( 10 meter or 33 feet ).
- Universal Clipboard requires iOS 10 and MacOS Sierra. Check above-listed system requirements.
- Each device has Bluetooth turned and Wi-Fi turned on.
- All devices must have Handoff turned on. See how to turn on Handoff for Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
So, 5 conditions you have to get together in order to have a functional universal clipboard. And you have to know that you must cut, copy, and paste your content within a short period of time. Otherwise, it will be discarded.
Yet I will show you how to set up Universal Clipboard on your iOS devices. Afterward, if it is still not working. Then check our troubleshooting guide.
How to use Universal Clipboard on Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Suppose you like to Copy Image from your iPhone to paste it to your MacPro. Now with iPhone Universal clipboard would be easy.
Step 1: Make sure your iPhone and Mac Pro, have Blue tooth and wifi turned on, are using same Apple ID and with handoff enabled. Check all system requirement listed above.
Step 2: Touch and hold the image you like to copy, to display the selection options, then choose Copy. That content is now automatically added to the clipboard of your nearby Mac Pro. And it remains there briefly, or until you replace it by copying something else on either device ( iPhone or Mac Pro).
Step 3: Yet, Paste it on your Mac Pro as you normally would.
It work the same among iPod or iPad.
Universal Clipboard troubleshooting checklist.
- The traditional procedures are always the restart of the device. Also, try to logout from on your Apple devices and signing back in again.
- Double check you have to meet system requirements on all your iOS device.
- All devices have to be within Bluetooth range ( 10 meter or 33 feet ).
- The clipboard clears itself after a period of time. So try again to use it.