Last updated on January 25th, 2018 at 11:30 pm
It seems that your iPhone or iPad stuck in iCloud activation lock screen, isn’t it? Well, in this post I will show you a tested and proven tutorial for official iPhone X/8/7/6/5 iCloud unlock. Also I will cover service prices, duration, how to choose the best iCloud unlock service provider.
So by using the below simple steps you will be able to remove Apple ID (i.e remove iCloud lock) from your iPhone or iPad. But at the beginning let me answer some important questions about the process.
- 1 So, what does iCloud lock mean?
- 2 Will Jailbreaking Remove iCloud Lock?
- 3 What is iCloud Unlock Software?
- 4 What is iCloud Unlock by IMEI?
- 5 iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Supported Devices?
- 6 iCloud Remove by IMEI – Supported iOS versions?
- 7 iPhone iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Cost?
- 8 iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Duration:
- 9 iPhone iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Pros and Cons
- 10 How to Unlock iCloud Activation Lock by IMEI:
- 11 Your iPhone is Clean or Blacklisted (Lost / Stolen)?
- 12 Shortcut to Avoid Scammers – Choosing the Best iCloud Unlock Provider:
- 13 Conclusion:
So, what does iCloud lock mean?
At the beginning of 2015, Apple implemented “iCloud Activation Lock” security feature which used “Find My iPhone” to easily locate your iDevice. Furthermore, the newly brilliant feature allows you to protect your iPhone from being used by anyone in case you lost it.
Overwhelmingly, iCloud lock issue is taking place when you buy a used iPhone or iPad. And the old owner forget to remove his iCloud account from his iPhone. Thus, you won’t be able to use the device until you remove iCloud ID details which belongs the old owner. In other words, without the Apple ID and password used to originally setup this iPhone or iPad, you will not be able to re-activate it.
Will Jailbreaking Remove iCloud Lock?
While preparing this post, I found some websites claiming to unlock iCloud Lock by jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad. In short, this is totally wrong. As these websites are just “Scammers”. Hence, if you found them stay away from them and don’t use your credit card or even give them your iPhone’s IMEI.
For who don’t know, jailbreak is a process that removes restrictions from iOS to install the famous Cydia app store. Which allows you to download and install apps, themes and tweaks that are not available in Apple official app store.
What is iCloud Unlock Software?
Is there a downloadable software that allows you to unlock iCloud? NO! But let me enumerate the history behind iCloud unlock software.
Bypass iCloud Using DNS:
This method is a turnaround that allows you to use your iPhone or iPad, watch videos, use apps, listen music and radio. In conclusion, this method based on bypassing iCloud Activation lock screen by using an international servers to finish the process.
Consequently, I highly recommend that you take a look at all “9 Steps To Bypass iCloud Activation Lock On iPhone For Free“. This will show you in details how to bypass iCloud using DNS method.
In November 2016, the security researcher Hemanth Joseph has discovered the wifi bug while trying to bypass iCloud Activation Lock. Joseph tried to crash the iOS by entering an excessively characters in Wi-Fi setup fields. Unfortunately, Apple has patched the bug in iOS 10.2, so this method won’t work with iPhones running iOS 10.2 or later. Here’s the video:
doulCi iCloud Bypass software:
On may 2015, two hackers by the name of doulCi, has introduced a downloadable free software called “doulCi”. In the same way, the software is bypassing iCloud account by editing your “Hosts” file with the spoof IP address of the activation server of Apple.
Unfortunately this method is stopped working a couple of years ago.
iCloud Bypass Tool – GadgetWide:
This one works in much the same way as previous softwares. In addition, GadgetWide has a friendly user interface, and easy to use software. It works with all iPhone and iPad models. But, sadly GadgetWide official website is down, and it looks like that company no longer provides the service
In conclusion, all iCloud unlocking tools and softwares, will look like the above tools. Hence it won’t be a permanent iCloud unlock solution. So we highly recommend you to not pay any money for such tools. Simply it doesn’t deserve. On the other hand, many of these softwares, may be viruses, trojans and could hurt your PC.
What is iCloud Unlock by IMEI?
It is the simplest way to remove your iCloud lock. The “IMEI ” term which stands for (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a unique 15-digit identification number for your iPhone or iPad. Unlock service providers will unlock your iCloud-lock using this IMEI number via a remote database. Accordingly, you will never need to use this service again, even after any iOS update. In short it is lifetime and permanent iCloud unlock.
iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Supported Devices?
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- Phone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- iPad Mini 4 (4th Generation Mini)
- iPad Mini 3 (3rd Generation Mini)
- iPad Mini 2 (2nd Generation Mini)
- iPad Mini (1st Generation Mini)
- iPad Air 2 (6th Generation)
- iPad Air (5th Generation)
- iPad 4 (4th Generation)
- iPad 3 (3rd Generation)
- All iPod Models
- Apple Watch
iCloud Remove by IMEI – Supported iOS versions?
- iOS 11.2
- iOS 11.1
- iOS 11
- iOS 10.3
- iOS 10.2.1
- iOS 10.2
- iOS 10.1.1
- iOS 10.1
- iOS 10.0.3
- iOS 10.0.2
- iOS 10.0.1
- iOS 9.3.5
- iOS 9.3.4
- iOS 9.3.3
- iOS 9.3.2
- iOS 9.3.1
- iOS 9.3.0
- iOS 9.x
iPhone iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Cost?
First of all, you have to know that there are a wide range of iCloud unlock service cost. When I investigate more than 12 iCloud Activation lock removal service providers, I found that some were as little as $30 whilst other were as much as $280. Of course, it’s extremely huge gap between service provider prices, why?
You will find big difference between iPhone iCloud unlock and iPad iCloud unlock. Furthermore, I found iCloud unlock service providers attracted me with their competitive prices. Thus I decided to give them a trail, unfortunately, there was a hidden trap, as they asked me for paying some extra fees for some unreasonable reasons. Eventually, take care from such providers, as this could be a very frustrating experience.
iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Duration:
Unlocking your iCloud Activation Lock is an astonishing achievement, but waiting can be frustrating. Same as service pricing, there is speed variation between service providers.
As usual, I used some of my blog visitor iPhones to test the top five iCloud Lock Removal service providers. In conclusion, and after a deep investigation, you will get your iCloud unlocked within 5-8 days. So, can you wait?
iPhone iCloud Unlock by IMEI – Pros and Cons
- Removes iPhones from previous owner’s iCloud permanently.
- Works with iPhone 7 (plus), 6S (Plus), 6 (plus), SE, 5S, 5C and 5.
- Increasing your iPhone value.
- Fully functional iPhone as your iPhone will be completely accessible.
- Use your own Apple ID.
- Easy and efficient.
- Official service.
- Permanently iPhone / iPad iCloud unlock.
- Lifetime iCloud unlock guarantee.
- Paid service. But I think that losing some money is better than having unusable brick.
How to Unlock iCloud Activation Lock by IMEI:
Here’s our guide on how to unlock your iCloud lock activation the right way. Actually, there are two methods to take off iCloud account. Therefore I recommend to follow them in the same sequence. Let’s break them down:
Method 1: Contact the Previous iPhone’s Owner
It is a must-do and straight-forward trial which may entirely solve your issue. In addition, it is a free trial, so you won’t lose anything. So if you bought your used iPhone from a friend or from an eBay’s merchant, try to contact him, and ask him to help you removing iCloud Activation Lock screen.
On the other hand, previous iPhone owner may not be cooperative and will refuse to send you his Apple ID account details (i.e. username and password) while others might not be reachable.
In this case you have to jump to method 2, which will be a bit costly.
Method 2: Official iCloud Unlock by IMEI
Easiest way to unlock iCloud activation lock online. In fact, this method is guaranteed, secured, fast and will remove iCloud lock completely using your iPhone IMEI number. Consequently you will be able to add your iCloud account instead of the old one.
Before using this incredible method, please make sure that your iPhone, iPad or iPod is not reported as lost or stolen.
Step 1: Head over this link Official Unlock iCloud Activation Lock.
Step 2: Insert your iPhone IMEI number (You can dial *#06# or from activation screen, tap on the little “i” icon then you will get your IMEI number.) Also you can check our post 7 Methods To Find Your iPhone IMEI Even If iPhone Is Locked.
Step 3: Choose your iPhone / iPad model
Step 4: Hit the “Unlock Now” button, then review your order details and complete your order.
Step 5: Within few hours / days, you will receive an email stating that “iCloud Unlocked” and your iPhone is now ready to enter your own Apple ID.
Your iPhone is Clean or Blacklisted (Lost / Stolen)?
We have two different types of blacklisted devices. So let me show them briefly, in order to check if your iPhone or iPad is applicable for iCloud unlocking service or not
Type 1: GSM Blacklist
This is an action that taken by the carriers against iPhones using the IMEI number. When iPhone reported as lost or stolen, the device’s IMEI being put on the blacklisted database. Your iPhone also may be blacklisted if you are no longer able to pay contract fees. As a result, you won’t be able to use this iPhone on this country carriers.
iCloud Unlock works with this type.
Type 2: “Find My iPhone” Blacklist
This means the previous iPhone owner reported his device to Apple in order to blacklist his iPhone, so that no one can activate the device. Furthermore, if you have a message from owner on your iPhone’s lock screen, this also means the device is blacklisted. Eventually, please figure out the below screenshots in order to make things clear.
iCloud Unlock won’t work with this type until the previous owner whitelist it again.
iCloud lock removal service will only work with iPhones or iPads that is not lost / stolen (i.e Type 1). While in some few cases, unlocking blacklisted device is applicable, but definitely it is not ethical. Therefore, don’t trust unlock service providers who claims removing iCloud lock for stolen or lost devices.
Shortcut to Avoid Scammers – Choosing the Best iCloud Unlock Provider:
If you Google the term “iCloud Unlock”, you gonna receive a sludge of iCloud Unlock providers, therefore it became a challenge to choose the right one, who could legitimately unlock your iCloud Lock. Unfortunately, many of them are scammers. However the purpose of this paragraph is to tell you how to use the best iCloud unlock provider and to avoid scammers.
After one month of testing iCloud unlock service providers to unlock some iCloud-locked devices for me and my friends. I can say It makes me the expert in this area. Consequently, I can help you picking the trusted iCloud unlock provider and keep your money away from the bad guys.
Finally I tested the top five iCloud unlock service providers. And after using all technical funnels, I found only two iCloud unlock provides that we can count on them.
First Trusted iCloud unlock provider:
Myimeiunlock.com is the winner. This iCloud unlock service provider gets the highest rank between all other providers.
- They was able to unlock all of our tested iPhones (iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 6)
- Duration 3-7 business days
- They has a great customer support. (Typically they reply within few minutes to few hours).
- Feel free to ask them any question before placing your order, because they are professionals and will definitely help you.
- Also they guarantee the lowest prices in the market. The best thing with this iCloud Unlock service provider, there is no hidden fees. Other providers ask you for extra money after placing your order.
- Paying for service using any credit card.
- Lifetime iCloud unlock guarantee.
- Great customers reviews on TrustPilot
- They don’t have PayPal payment option.
Second Trusted iCloud unlock provider:
iPhoneimeiunlock.com is my second choice. And you can use their iCloud unlock service as well
- They unlocked every iPhone / iPad I sent them.
- Duration 4-8 business days.
- Customer support rocks. Their support team will reply within 60 minutes.
- Prices are the same as our #1 iCloud unlock service provider.
- No hidden fees.
- You can pay using PayPal.
- Doesn’t have credit card payment option.
- iCloud unlock will work with any iPhone or iPad regardless its model version.
- Also iCloud unlock process works with any iOS version.
- In average it take 3-7 days to unlock your iCloud.
- Try to contact iPhone’s previous owner before using iCloud unlock service by IMEI, in order to save your money.
- There’s no need to leave your iPhone with anyone, as iCloud unlock is a remote service.
- iCloud unlock by IMEI is a permanent unlock. There is no need to redo it in future.
- Don’t pay money for any software claiming the ability to unlock your iCloud.
- Blacklisted iCloud accounts couldn’t be unlocked.
- Eventually, from all tested iCloud unlock providers My IMEI Unlock was the winner.